Why We’re Here
No matter the unfortunate circumstance(s) that caused an individual to drop out of mainstream society, loses his/her job, and be made to live on the streets, Off the Street, Back to Work is dedicated to helping employable individuals get back to work.
Off the Street, Back to Work, is a non-profit foundation based in Santa Ana, California. It is committed to helping those individuals – once rehabilitated and ready to reenter the workplace – do so. It takes “job ready” candidates and places them in jobs that fit his/her area of expertise.
Whether a homeless individual was once a factory worker, a shipping clerk, a secretary, an
Coordinating closely with many philanthropic Orange County organizations, whose primary purpose is to rescue and care for the homeless population, this new non-profit is geared to aid such organizations take the next step: it Prepares those they for to utilize Off the Street, Back to Work program where individuals can secure suitable jobs; ones that match a rehabilitated candidate’s talents and skills.
The foundation, which was established by staff and management at one of the largest and most prestigious locally-operated staffing companies, PriorityWorkforce, based in Tustin, provides its 650-member client base with more than 25,000 staff members each year. As such, the company has generously donated resources to assist in launching the “back to work” program – one whose only mission is to see that people are working again.
To date, Off the Street, Back to Work offers the following services:
- Helps “job-ready” candidates identify the ideal position for his/her talents and skills
- Provides training to prepare candidates for the job interview
- Links candidates to organizations that can provide suitable attire for an interview
- Makes available a scholarship program to help further a candidate’s technical and business skills through training
- Connects viable candidates with employers for suitable job placement
- Assigns a business/mentor/sponsor individual to guide the would-be employee candidate with such services as counseling, practical guidance, encouragement, and moral support as he/she navigates through the “back to work” process
All It Takes is One Opportunity
Sometimes all it takes is a second chance to change the landscape of someone’s present and future life. Off the Street, Back to Work is here to provide this second chance to those who are ready to receive it.